A middle aged man was killed in Rongo sub-county Migori county while trying to reconnect power illegally at Secondary School.
Felix Okoth reportedly not a Kenya Power staff died instantly after being electrocuted on top of the pole at Kameji Mixed Secondary School where he had gone to reconnect the school with electricity.
Kenya Power officials had disconnected electricity from the school over huge bill that had accumulated for years, prompting the school principal to seek the services of Okoth.
Investigations are ongoing into allegations that Kameji Secondary school principal had asked Felix Odoyo to illegally reconnect electricity to the institution with a promise of being paid KSh 500 shillings. Odoyo was killed in the process and his lifeless body got stuck on the pole.
Confirming the incident, the area chief said the principal Mr. Gordon Muga called him at around 1.30pm and informed him that he (the principal) had authorised Odoyo to illegalled reconnect the power.
According to the family’s ‘spokesman’ Charles Odhiambo, their kin was neither qualified electrician nor had technical know-how in handling electricity, faulting the principal for his untimely death. He blamed the school’s Principal who contacted their kin to handle such a complex task and yet he had not undergone any training as electrician
“Once the KPLC and police are done with their part, we as the family will also demand answers from the school administration because the boy does not have any papers. How can a layman come in the school on abroad daylight and try to reconnect power that KPLC had disconnected? posed Odhiambo.
Watch the video…